A Sweet Engagement by Jeff Bilgore
30 years ago, I asked my wife using this simple formula and technique:
“I used platinum because it is the best statement of fineness in jewelry, so of course it’s the only choice to begin a marriage with.”
1) Find the most amazing woman in the world.
2) Get a large York Peppermint Pattie.
3) Make a beautiful emerald cut sapphire ring, set in platinum.
4) Cut out a section to hide your intentions.
5) Place ring in center and reseal the Patty, place in refrigerator to ‘firm’ up the presentation.
6) At dinner for desert offer a York Peppermint Pattie – best done on one knee!
30 years, two amazing children, and two great dogs later I can attest to two things…
1) The formula works.
2) I am the luckiest guy in the world.
PlatinumJewelry.com covers the culture of jewelry, including behind-the-scenes looks at the designers and stylists who are passionate about platinum jewelry. The team at Platinum Guild International has hand-selected a dedicated group of bloggers and style experts to bring you specially curated, up-to-the-minute platinum jewelry information and stories.