Last updated August 12, 2020
In this policy, “personal information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual who engages with our Services or otherwise becomes a customer of Platinum Jewelry.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide. At various times, you may decide to provide us with your personal information. You should know that we receive and may store all personal information (whether written or oral) that you provide to us. This includes personal information provided to us through any means, including, without limitation, through our Site, via e-mail, over the telephone, and through a social media service (for example Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest). You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to purchase products or take advantage of many of our promotions, features or Services. In addition, we may collect information about your purchases, billing address, shipping address, gender, occupation, birthday, marital status, anniversary, interests, and credit card information. You may choose to provide us names or other contact information for a friend to take advantage of a referral, fiancé, or other program or to send them product information or gifts. Subject to restrictions imposed under applicable laws and unless otherwise specified when you provide us the information, the
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Technologies. A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer, mobile phone, or other device, and allows us or our business partners to recognize your device when you return to our Service and record information about your usage of our Services.
- Essential Operational: Cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Services. For example, they are required to help you access secure areas (such as your account pages) and to use features like our shopping basket.
- Performance and Functionality: Cookies help us enhance the performance and functionality of our Services. For example, cookies help us identify you or your device when you come back to our Service so that you do not have to login to see your shopping basket.
- Analytics and Customization: We use analytics and customization cookies, including third party cookies, to gather information on how our Services are being used by our visitors and to measure how popular our marketing campaigns are. We use the data we get to help customize our Services for you and make the content you see as relevant as possible. We also use the date we collect to help identify and prevent fraud, and to track visits from our affiliates or partners.
- Social networking cookies: Cookies allow visitors to share our pages and content through third-party social networking websites.
Tracking Images: We may use tracking images (such as GIFs), which are small image files that we embed into our e-mail newsletters, to learn whether you opened or forwarded the newsletter or clicked on any of the content. This information tells us about our newsletters’ effectiveness and helps us ensure that we’re delivering information that you find interesting. Local Storage: We use local storage (such as HTML5 or Flash) for frequency capping purposes and to provide you with relevant advertising.
We may collect information about your location and your mobile device (such as operating system, device type and information and time stamp), as well as a unique identifier for your device, when you download or use our mobile application. We will also track information about how you use your App, and combine that information to any other information that we have about you (which may include information about your website usage).
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect about you (unless otherwise restricted by law) to:
- Facilitate your purchases and provide the services you request,
- Confirm and track your order,
- Respond to your comments, inquiries and requests,
- Compare and review your information for errors, omissions and accuracy,
- Prevent and detect fraud or abuse,
- Facilitate your warranty or other services such as cleanings, repairs, or resizes of your products,
- Offer you access to our product offerings,
- Provide and improve our services and product offerings, and develop new ones,
- Improve marketing and promotional efforts, and overall customer experience,
- Identify your product and service preferences,
- Offer you personalized content, including by providing customized content and advertising, which may be on our Site, other websites, mobile devices or applications, or other channels (whether online or offline),
- Understand our customer demographics, preferences, interests, and behavior,
- Administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions,
- Process or respond to your application for current or future career opportunities,
- Contact you regarding products and services (of Platinum Jewelry or our partners) that we believe may be of interest to you,
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and Platinum Jewelry’s policies and procedures, and
- Other uses with your consent.
We may combine the information you provide to us over time and we may combine such information with information that is publicly available, collected through cookies and other technologies, and information that we receive from our partners, affiliates and other third parties. We value your comments, feedback, testimonials, etc., which help us improve our services and products. By making such submissions to us, you assign your rights in the submissions to us as described in the “Submissions” section of our Terms and Conditions page.
INFORMATION THAT WE MAY SHARE WITH OTHERS
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows: Platinum Jewelry entities: We may share your personal information with our affiliated entities, e.g., any corporate subsidiaries or affiliates, as well as our licensor, Platinum Guild International. Service Providers: We may use third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, including: shipping, payment processing, billing and collections, data storage/management, webhosting, fulfillment, assembly, marketing and data enhancement, mailing, and emailing as well as various customer, tech and operational support. Special Events: If you choose to participate in a special event (for example, a promotion, contest, or sweepstakes), Platinum Jewelry may share your information with those organizations participating in the applicable event.
Sharing with Other Companies (for their marketing or analytics purposes): We may share your information with other companies or organizations which are not part of Platinum Jewelry. These companies and organizations may use the information we share to provide, or help other companies provide, offers to you, to market products, services or opportunities to you, and to perform data analytics regarding your use of our Services.
[Only include the following if applicable]
and potential customers across various devices – such as mobile phones, tablets and browsers. (These companies may, for instance, make inferences that devices seen at a common IP address are used by common users.) Companies that we share information with may use the information we provide to them, often in combination with their existing information, to provide you with more relevant advertising.
You may opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from advertising companies that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices and https://www.aboutads.info/choices. Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection: We may disclose your information: (1) when we believe in good faith that it is necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, such as lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (2) in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding potential illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or situations involving potential violations of our Terms and Conditions or other policies; (3) to other companies and organizations for fraud protection and risk reduction; and (4) to enforce any agreement we have with you. Business Transfer: Your information may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership (or in due diligence leading up to any acquisition), in which case information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the Company.
Aggregate Information: We may, and we may authorize third parties to, create aggregate records from personal information by excluding information that makes the information identifiable. We may use and disclose, and authorize third parties to use and disclose, aggregate non-personal information at our discretion.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
Platinum Jewelry does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. Please visit the FTC’s website at https://www.ftc.gov for tips on protecting children’s privacy online.
We utilize a combination of physical and electronic security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. While we strive to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
If you have created a Platinum Jewelry account, you can review and change certain personal information relating to your Platinum Jewelry account at any time by logging on to your account. Otherwise, to learn more, please contact us as set forth below.
Where permitted by applicable law, we want to communicate with you on our marketing initiatives, but only if you want to continue to hear from us.
To opt out of receiving email promotions that we send you: (1) select “unsubscribe” on our subscription status page and enter the requested information or follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of our promotional emails; or (2) write to Platinum Jewelry C/O Suna Bros Inc, 10 West 46th Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10036
Where required by law, we obtain your prior opt-in consent at the time of data collection for the processing of (i) personal information for marketing purposes and (ii) personal information deemed sensitive pursuant to applicable law.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident and would like a copy of our notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates that received your information in the past year, please submit a written request to the following address: Platinum Jewelry C/O Suna Bros Inc, 10 West 46th Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10036 You may submit such a request once per year.
HOW TO CONTACT US
By Telephone: 212-840-6509.
By Email: [email protected]
By Post: Platinum Jewelry C/O Suna Bros Inc, 10 West 46th Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10036