Platinum Jewelry Inspired by her Favorite Flowers: A Guide
You’ve been giving her flowers for years and have her floral preferences down pat. Now you want to one-up those beautiful arrangements by gifting her with beautiful platinum jewelry—whether it is a memento for her birthday or an engagement ring to ask her to be yours forever.
Find your love’s platinum jewelry style through her floral style!
(Click here to view more on her engagement ring style)
The Vintage Girl
She browses local antiques stores and delights in finding the once-loved and still-beautiful. Her colors are subdued but soulful, with delicate blush given depth and intensity by the deepest of mulberries.
- Flora: Pink roses, dahlias, chrysanthemums, baby’s-breath, and Silver Dust.
- Engagement ring: A romantic Art Deco charmer from Jewels by Grace with about 3.23 total carats of sparkle set into its generous breadth.
- Wedding ring: Under the Crown‘s vintage band of swirling platinum and 30 accent diamonds has just enough similarity to match the engagement ring while remaining an eye-catching standalone treasure.
- Fashion jewelry: A clever Edwardian platinum necklace courtesy of the legendary jewelry firm Wartski—consisting of seven removable colored discs, practical finally meets elegant.
The Bohemian (Boho) Girl
She loves music festivals (festivals of any kind, really) and spontaneous road trips from the sun-splashed coast to the refreshing woodlands. Her colors are vibrant and spirited, with fuchsias and lime greens mixed with butter yellows and lavenders.
- Flora: Protea, thistles, ferns, anemones, and Pink Zazzles.
- Engagement ring: A blossom of a platinum ring from Raymond Lee Jewelers, showcasing a charismatic warm diamond.
- Wedding ring: By Cathy Waterman, a modern eternity band via Fortrove with a silhouette that brilliantly accompanies the engagement ring.
- Fashion jewelry: These diamond and Kunzite hoop earrings by Featherstone are a great example of platinum jewelry guaranteed to decorate every day with twinkling joy!
The Classic Girl
She is equally at home amongst her books as she is with a crowd and always looks marvelous dressed for either occasion. Her colors are crisp and clean, with pastel blues and creams brought to life with hints of sage and saffron.
- Flora: Ranunculus, peonies, hydrangeas, white daffodils, and forget-me-nots.
- Engagement ring: 3.71-carats of old-cut whoa (thanks again, Jewels by Grace)! While the diamond takes center stage, its platinum setting provides fantastic visual interest with frond and crescent moon-shaped details.
- Wedding ring: This incredible hinged puzzle ring courtesy of A. Brandt+Son proves that classic girls can have fun! It morphs into three different shapes, to be worn on a single finger or two.
- Fashion jewelry: Coffin & Trout‘s dual-colored Tanzanite set in diamond-studded platinum is not only striking, but also serves as an ode to her favorite colors (and flowers… and perhaps day, if her wedding bouquet corresponds).
The Glamour Girl
She has an Old-Hollywood flair (with a theatrical knowledge to match) and embodies drama in its most thrilling and sensual incarnations. Her colors are powerful and majestic, with saturated crimson and scarlet highlighted by barely-there plum.
- Flora: Red roses, red camellias, geraniums, Maltese cross, and purple orchids.
- Engagement ring: Big, bold, and bewitching—Viggi delivers with this F color, Internally Flawless emerald-cut diamond trilogy ring totaling 12.15 carats. Only platinum for the very best of gems and jewels!
- Wedding ring: Securely wrap your finger with platinum and 10+ carats of diamonds via this Asscher-cut beauty from Frank Pollak & Sons.
- Fashion jewelry: Destined to become the signature item in her platinum jewelry suite… diamonds and (detachable) rubies as a breathtaking basket-weave platinum collar necklace courtesy of Jogani Beverly Hills.
→ Feeling the July heat? Click here to read about the “king of precious stones,” the flaming ruby!