Top 10 Platinum Vintage & Antique Jewelry Online Resources
As an avid collector of fine platinum vintage and antique jewelry, the hunt of finding that special piece is half the fun. And, since many of these classic, antique platinum pieces are already heirlooms in their own right; it’s only fitting that the pursuit for them be just as dazzling as they are!
Although exhilarating, I know how daunting it can be to track down iconic antique jewelry pieces at a reasonable cost – especially for a budding collector and those of us on a budget. I’m sure you have scoured estate sales, antique jewelry stores and even pawnshops looking for chic, graceful platinum jewels,–just like I have–but those fabulous platinum pieces can be hard to find locally. Thus, I’ve even been known carry my search with me and will stop at pawnshops or antique jewelry stores while I’m traveling so I don’t miss the opportunity to find that perfect platinum jewelry piece!
Where do you turn to start (or add to) your collection when your normal haunts are not as fruitful as you would have hoped? In today’s environment, through the power of the internet, the world has gotten much, much smaller making the ability to shop at jewelry purveyors throughout the world possible. So, let me introduce you to 10 of my personal favorites platinum antique jewelry pieces (all under $5,000) from 10 of the best online resources…
1. The Three Graces – Natural Saltwater Pearl and Platinum Earrings are perfect for a classic and timeless look.
2. Jewels By Grace – This Edwardian Platinum and Diamond Pendant is a must-have for all antique jewelry collections.
3. Erstwhile Jewelry – This stunning Art Deco Chain Link Band is a classic design that shows off amazing platinum craftsmanship.
4. Butter Lane Antiques – This Open-Worked Platinum and Diamond Band is a must-have for any budding collector.
5. Market Square Jewelers – Big bang for a reasonable buck is exactly what this Sweeping Retro Platinum and Diamond Brooch delivers!
6. Franziska – These Diamond and Emerald Earrings are perfect for a night out on the town or to go with that little black dress.
7. Wilson Brothers Vintage and Estate Jewelry – This Color Change Spinel, Diamond and Platinum Ring is perfect for a classic yet non-traditional bride.
8. Bird on a Wire Antiques – What a brilliant choice to set this uniquely carved emerald in platinum as platinum is known to embrace gemstones securely.
9. Elizabeth Rose Antiques – These Vintage Platinum and Fire Opal earrings are the perfect choice to add a little pizzazz to any day-to-day outfit.
10. Gilded Lane – And, of course, every platinum collector needs the ideal set of Diamond Drop Earrings.