Retailer Shane Co.’s Platinum Engagement Ring Buying Tips
Since its founding in 1971, Shane Co. has established itself as one of the country’s premier independent jewelers. Today, there are 20 Shane Co. stores in 13 states across the United States, and consumers look to Shane Co. for their important engagement ring and wedding band purchases.
We at PGI asked Shane Co. professionals if they have any advice for those ready to purchase a platinum engagement ring. Let’s see what they have to say:
Before the purchase:
- Set a Budget – Before you start shopping for an engagement ring, decide how much you want to spend. If you’re shopping with your significant other, discuss the budget before you visit Shane Co. so there are no surprises during your search.
- Start Early – Think about what platinum engagement ring style and diamond shape she’d like before you start shopping (check her style). Then, allow yourself plenty of time to search for the perfect engagement ring (see some ideas). Once you find “the one,” it will take at least several days to get the diamond set, have the ring sized and add engraving, if that’s part of your plan.
- Read Up on the 4Cs – It’s important to understand the 4Cs—carat, clarity, color and cut—and how a diamond is graded before your purchase. Dedicate some time to research the basics online, then ask your sales associate to walk you through a 4Cs demonstration while you’re at the store.
- Protect your Investment – Set your diamond (or gemstone) in the most ideal setting, platinum. Platinum settings are available in all budgets, and its unique qualities will hold your diamond most securely compared to other metals (read more, here). If you do not think a complete platinum-only setting is an option for you, then ask the sales associate about platinum head (the component with the prongs) options for your ring.
During the shopping experience:
- Enjoy the Experience – Visit Shane Co. and take your time browsing settings, trying on different styles, looking at diamonds and asking questions. To find a Shane Co. store near you, click here or here.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Seek Advice – Not 100% sure of her engagement ring style? Don’t understand the 4Cs? Aren’t entirely sure what the platinum qualities mean? Ask your Shane Co. sales associate for help (click here for Buying Tips).
- Consider Platinum – If platinum wasn’t offered to you, ask about the many benefits of the naturally white metal and see your options.
To find a recommended platinum retailer near you, click here.