Styles of Today for Tomorrow: Platinum Engagement Rings for Every Budget
Are you ready to pop the question but are wondering how and where to start browsing for the ring of a lifetime? Look no further than this handy guide to explore a variety of contemporary platinum engagement rings ideal for every lifestyle and personality!
- Make it a fun experience! Let your loved one know you want to understand what she/he likes by scheduling a shopping date to peruse engagement rings together.
- If you prefer to be more discreet, keep a keen lookout for any design elements your partner enjoys. Make a mental note if there is a theme to your décor or particular shapes/colors that occur frequently throughout your home.
- Take a peek at your partner’s wardrobe and consider the prevalent tones and styles (dark and streamlined? Vibrant and relaxed?). This could be the most helpful silent hint when it comes to choosing the perfect engagement ring.
Remember that platinum has unparalleled durability that makes even slimmer-profile rings resist wear and tear, is hypoallergenic, and shines with an eternal gleaming luster that will securely showcase any gemstone embellishment you choose!
Budget range: $500 – $3,500
- By Ash Hilton, this handsome ring is hand-engraved with the silhouette of two lovebirds. A substantial amount of platinum provides both a pleasing heft and comfort while worn.
- Erie Basin uses rare, vintage diamonds for its contemporary rings; a natural light yellow-green marquise diamond makes a stunning focal for knife-edge platinum.
- Architect-turned-jeweler Doron Merav captures the effortless grace of nature in this breathtaking diamond and platinum engagement ring.
- Also by Ash Hilton, the classic diamond solitaire is given a tasteful update with a brushed—100% recycled platinum—setting. The effect is almost velvety!
- Doron Merav’s platinum Parched Earth ring is my favorite within this category. In fact, I’m planning to add it to my personal collection! Just sublime.
Budget range: $4,000 – $9,000
- A sleek solitaire is the first out of four in this group by Bentley & Skinner and it’s no surprise why: they hold Royal Warrants of Appointment for HM the Queen and HRH The Prince of Wales, which attest to their commitment for exceptional quality.
- I have a soft spot for emerald-cut diamonds, and even more so when they’re set in platinum. Emerald cuts tend to show gemstones as they truly are (internal flaws are not as easily hidden as they could be in other cuts) and throw broad, slow flashes when light hits their facets. Coupled with the strength and nobility of platinum… surely an engagement ring fit for royalty.
- This halo ring is a symphony of shapes! The durability of platinum allows the diamond frame to extend beyond its axis, implementing a charming use of negative space.
- Moval diamonds, popular in the 19th century, “fall somewhere between an oval mine cut and a more modern marquise cut.” To say that this diamond ring from Erie Basin is uncommon would be a severe understatement! Platinum is by far its perfect partner—the union of past and present creates an exquisite homage to the maxim of ‘once worn, twice loved.’
- The final example from Bentley & Skinner is a stately twist on the quintessential trilogy ring. Both platinum and gemstones take center stage, with a serene cabochon sapphire imparting an extra dose of charisma.
Budget range: $10,000+
- The soft hue of the sapphire in this ring makes a wonderful backdrop for the star that dances across its surface. Diamonds and a scrolled platinum gallery exquisitely add to the overall celestial effect.
- Another wonderful splash of color; a sapphire of this size and provenance deserves to be set in the best noble metal! This is a marvelous cousin to the round halo ring—an oval shape allows for more finger coverage, and platinum will securely carry all gemstones.
- As if the focal diamond and emeralds aren’t spectacular enough, this dazzling engagement ring also has diamonds enhancing its platinum shoulders!
- To complete the feature of superb Bentley & Skinner rings, I love that this platinum knife-edge shank sings all on its own and also admirably harmonizes with its impressive emerald-cut partner.
- Last but not least, the Entwined engagement ring by Doyle & Doyle showcases a gorgeous old-cut diamond and uses platinum to lend extra sparkle and movement.
→ Earth needs our love, and our thanks: click here to give both without giving up your chic platinum jewelry style!