5 Actresses in Platinum Jewelry at the 2017 Golden Globe Awards
Hollywood’s biggest stars celebrated their achievements wearing platinum jewelry at the 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards and related parties in Los Angeles, CA on January 8, 2017. Glamorous statement earrings and multiple bold rings were top the jewelry trends that evening.
We are pleased to share that leading red carpet jewelry brands such as Tiffany & Co., Neil Lane, and Harry Winston chose to style A-list celebrities in naturally white platinum settings that truly enhance the brilliance of diamonds and colored gemstones. Platinum jewelry is the choice accessory for celebrities to capture the most special, glamorous and memorable moments.
We are highlighting 5, of many, leading laides who chose to wear platinum jewelry to celebrate their achievements:
1. Emma Stone in Platinum by Tiffany & Co.
Emma stone won the 2017 Golden Globe award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Muscical or Comedy for her role in “La La Land.” She accepted her award wearing a beautiful Valentino dress adorned with platinum jewelry by Tiffany & Co.
- Necklace with diamonds circa 1909, set in platinum
- Earrings with diamonds, set in platinum
- Two Jazz™ three-row diamond rings, set in platinum
2. Natalie Portman in Platinum by Tiffany & Co.
Natalie Portman was nominated in the category Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama for her role in “Jackie.” Portman channeled Jackie O’s iconic style in her yellow Prada gown with platinum jewelry.
- Fringe earrings with pear-shaped and round brilliant diamonds, set in platinum ($135,000)
- Archival bracelet with diamonds, set in platinum
- Ring with white and yellow diamonds, set in platinum ($100,000)
3. Lily Collins in Platinum by Harry Winston
Nominated for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy for her role in “Rules Don’t Apply,” Lily Collins dominated the red carpet at the 2017 Golden Globes in her ancient-rose-colored Zuhair Murad Couture gown with platinum and diamond accessories.
- Vintage 1967 Winston cluster diamond drop earrings (8.94 carats), set in platinum
- Winston cluster pear-shape diamond ring (3.7 carats), set in platinum
- Sparkling cluster diamond ring (2.28 carats), set in platinum
- Sunflower diamond twin ring (1.81 carats), set in platinum
4. Drew Barrymore in Platinum by Harry Winston
Drew Barrymore attended the 2017 Golden Globes to promote her upcoming Netflix show, “Santa Clara Diet.” She dressed in a stunning Monique Lhuillier dress and more than $2.5 million of platinum jewelry
- Mrs. Winston diamond drop earrings (27.5 carats), set in platinum
- Sparkling cluster diamond ring (2.35 carats), set in platinum
- Emerald-cut diamond rock band (11.51 carats), set in platinum
- Round brilliant and emerald-cut diamond band ring (2.04 carats), set in platinum
- Lotus diamond ring (4.47 carats), set in platinum
- Lotus cluster diamond ring (1.28 carats), set in platinum
- South sea pearl and diamond ring (37.03) carats, set in platinum
- Lily cluster diamond ring (.18 carats), set in platinum
5. Kristen Bell in Platinum by Harry Winston
Kristen Bell attended the 2017 Golden Globe Awards in a stunning, low-cut black sequined dress. She wore over 115 carats of diamonds that were securely set in platinum to endure the night’s festivities.
- Vintage 1963 three row diamond hoop earrings (42.54 carats), set in platinum
- Secret combination diamond bracelet (68.57 carats), set in platinum
- Stacked diamond band rings (4.25 carats total), set in platinum
- Band ring with diamonds (2.64 carats), set in platinum
Photo credit: Startraks
You don’t have to be a celebrity to enjoy the luster and appeal of platinum jewelry! Check out this gift guide to this winter’s favorite platinum jewelry pieces from leading e-commerce sites.